Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Other Half


So I actually did it! I ran my first half marathon. The race was called The Other Half and took place in a the canyon outside of Moab. It was so beautiful and an awsome experience. My friend Heather trained and ran it together. And since it was in Moab our husbands decided to come and we made it a fun weekend getaway. We left the kids with the grandparents and headed out.

We got there late on Friday night because of a flat tire. Woke up on Sat. had breakfast and headed out on a day long 4 wheeler ride. Dustin was excited to play with his new toy. We also rented a ranger so we all could ride. There 6 of us. Ryan (Heathers husband) had been to Moab before and took us on a trail that he said was not very hard but it was. I was scared almost the entire time but it was still really fun.





And Sunday was race day. Woke up about 5:30. Got to the shuttle @ 6:30. Stood in the freezing cold waiting for the shuttle (w/short shorts on) till about 7:30. Race started at 8:30. The scenery was breathtaking. I got hyped up on caffeine and had a great run. Any thing else?. . . .
Oh yeah I finished!! I think I got a pretty good time even with a bum knee, and I will definatly do it again.


4 comments:

Kip and Lindsay said...

Look how skinny you are! You look awesome! I am so proud of you girls! You will need to get me in shape! :0)

Heidi said...

wow that makes me tired just thinking about that! Way to go you are awesome!

The Hicks Family said...

OMG!...I can't beleive i found your blog!.. I became friends with Amelia.. and i was seeing what beautiful blogs she followed and i found you! :) I'm not sure if you know who i am exactly.. Shelli Gardner's daughter.. I usually see you at all the church stuff up that way.. You should come and check out my family's little blog! :) CUTE, CUTE kids.. seriously dolls!!!! I Love it! :)

Ball Family said...

Good for you! That is really impressive.