Wednesday, August 26, 2009

High on a mountain top....

At the top!

My family (mom, dad, sisters and bro.-in-law) and I decided to hike to Mt Timpanogos Cave this past weekend. This was my first time and did not know that it was kind of a hard hike. I mean practically strait up hill. I am on a training schedule and ran 5 miles that morning (stupid!) and then did the hike. But to be honest I made it up fine, down was the killer. After making it up and walking through the cave I was exhausted, so was Carson. He made me carry him all the way down the mountain. Though I was really proud of him because he walked all the way up he mountain by himself. He thought the cave was really cool (he was scared at first because it was dark). Dustin stayed home with Afton because she was sick and it was a good thing, she would have wined the whole time and would not have enjoyed it at all. It was rough but we did have a good time. Needless to say we will not be doing it anytime soon (at least not w/kids!).

In front of the cave.



They call this the "Heart" of the cave.
(it looks like a heart, right?)

1 comment:

Kip and Lindsay said...

I was going to write this i your last post, but you and dustin make some cute kids! Seriously. I am not even partial. I love those cuties! Thanks for a fun hike, sorry we had to cut it short! We had a blast!